- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
A farmer-owned lender knows you need flexibility.
That’s why we offer tailored farm real estate loans to meet your needs.
Why Farm Credit Mid-America?
- Patronage† program – Our farmers can invest more in their operations because they have received an average 1.5% of their average daily loan balance back in cash over each of the last 4 years.
- Rate type options – We offer a variety of loan product options, including adjustable, variable and fixed rates.
- Loan conversion** program – If rates go down, you have the flexibility to convert a lower rate.
Farm Real Estate Loans
Whether you’re purchasing your first farm or expanding your operation to grow, farm real estate loans are designed for land that will primarily be used for agriculture.
Farm Improvement Loans
Improvement loans are great if you’re wanting to upgrade or enhance structures on your existing land with larger projects you intend to pay off in 10 or more years.
Farm Real Estate Loan Refinancing
We can help you refinance existing individual farm real estate loans or consolidate multiple farm real estate loans into one loan.
How to Apply
Whether you’re applying online or at a local office, we’re here to make the loan process as easy as possible.
- Gather Your Borrower Information
You can apply individually or with someone else, but be sure to have the basic information handy for both borrowers, including legal name, physical address, date of birth, social security number, farm and other income. Make sure you know your annual income and the amount you want to borrow.
- Understand Collateral Requirements††
Securing your loan or lease with collateral can have a positive impact on your application approval process. Fortunately, we make it easy to use items such as equipment, livestock or inventory.
- Complete our application, either online or in-person
We offer options with our loan application. You can either apply online for loans up to $500,000 or through a local office with one of our team members.
Farm Credit Mid-America understands how we operate our business. This business is very seasonal, with influxes of revenue in the spring and fall. They support that.
Fixed Rate Loans
A fully fixed interest rate for the life of the loan. Long-term fixed rates available up to 25 years.
Adjustable Rate Loans
Loans with a fixed interest for a period less than the loan term. Interest rate periods are available from 1 to 15 years.
Variable Rate Loans
Variable rate loans available where interest rates may change monthly based on the cost of short-term money. Interest rates periods are for one month.
Indexed Rate Types
- Interest which may adjust based on widely publicized market indexed rates. We currently offer interest rate plans tied to the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR).
- Rates may adjust monthly after closing by adding or subtracting a stated margin to the indexed rate. Margins may adjust annually after closing.
Loan Conversion Program
Loan Conversion Program
If interest rates go down and your circumstances change, you can convert your existing loans with us to a lower rate**. Unlike other lenders who require a lengthy and expensive refinancing process, we allow you to quickly convert your loan to a new product for a simple processing fee. In addition, there is no need to re-qualify for the loan.
Contact your local office to learn if a conversion may be right for you.
With a loan conversion, you can:
- Avoid expensive refinancing costs.
- Have the flexibility to manage your loan rate.
- Lock in rates for a longer or shorter period of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Calculate Loan Payments
Enter your total loan amount into this farm loan payment calculator to estimate your monthly payment and loan amount with interest.
This calculator is based on the rate being fixed to maturity. A loan not on a fixed rate could change at repricing.
Ready to Talk?
Ready to Talk?
* Loans and leases are subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity lender.
† Patronage is an annual decision made by the Board of Directors to return earnings to eligible customers. To learn more about patronage or patronage eligibility, please visit our Patronage page.
** Conversions subject to eligibility requirements. Conversion has a one time fee of $500.00. Fee is subject to change. There may be additional fees associated with the conversion, such as a wholesale conversion fee.
†† Your loan length and credit score will impact the down payment and/or collateral required. If the existing land you plan to use for collateral has a mortgage with another institution it must be subordinated to or refinanced with Farm Credit Mid-America.
§ Rural 1st® is a tradename and Rural 1st, the Rolling Hills Window icon, Rural Logic, and Closer to What Matters are exclusive trademarks of Farm Credit Mid-America, NMLS 407249. Rural 1st products are available to consumers within the territories of participating Farm Credit System Associations. Equal Housing Lender.
‡ Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity provider.
Farm Credit Mid-America territory includes Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee. Arkansas includes Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha (northeast of the White River), Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Phillips, Poinsett, and St. Francis counties. Missouri includes Carter, Ripley and Wayne counties. Kentucky excludes Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken counties. Ohio excludes Crawford, Hancock, Lucas, Marion, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood and Wyandot counties. We serve all counties in Indiana and Tennessee.