- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
Whether you are looking to protect yourself against unforeseen changes to feed prices or milk market fluctuations, we use your production history to determine the best policy and coverage level for your unique dairy operation.
With our dairy insurance team you’ll experience:
- Specialized expertise – Our specialized agents only sell dairy insurance, which means they’re experts in finding the best policy for your operation.
- Individualized focus – Our agents provide you with a tailored, one-on-one experience. They don’t work on commission, which means they are here to design the best risk management plan for you.
- Policy decision tool – Using your operation’s production history, our agents are able to make informed risk management decisions backed by data.
- Varied offering – We provide a range of weather and market policy options to help you leverage opportunities and reduce risk.
Dairy Insurance Products
Dairy Revenue Protection (DRP)
Insure your operation against unexpected declines in the quarterly revenue from milk sales relative to a guaranteed coverage level. The expected revenue is based on the futures price for milk and dairy commodities, and the amount of covered milk production is chosen by you. Covered milk production is indexed to the state or region where you are located.
Livestock Gross Margin - Dairy Cattle (LGM-Dairy)
Protect your dairy operation when feed costs rise or milk prices drop. LGM-Dairy uses futures prices for corn, soybean meal and milk to determine the expected gross margin. Milk sold for commercial or private sale and intended for final human consumption from dairy cattle is eligible for coverage. Prices are based on simple averages of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group futures contract daily settlement prices, and are not based on the prices you receive at market.
Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Protection (PRF)
Insure your acres of forage or grazing ground from the risk of forage loss due to the lack of precipitation. Coverage is based on your selection of coverage level, index interval and productivity factor.
What to Expect
Farm Credit Mid-America wants to make your dairy insurance purchase as straightforward as possible, whether you’re purchasing a policy for the first time or just purchasing it with Farm Credit Mid-America for the first time.
- Gather your information – your recent production history, as well as input cost estimates.
- We will sit down with and walk through our proprietary policy decision making tool to develop the best risk management plan for your operation using your production history.
- Purchasing your policy through us is just the beginning. We will be there along the way to remind you of upcoming deadlines, as well as be there to support you if you need to file a claim.
Ready to Talk?
Ready to Talk?
‡ Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity provider.
* Loans and leases are subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity lender.
Farm Credit Mid-America territory includes Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee. Arkansas includes Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha (northeast of the White River), Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Phillips, Poinsett, and St. Francis counties. Missouri includes Carter, Ripley and Wayne counties. Kentucky excludes Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken counties. Ohio excludes Crawford, Hancock, Lucas, Marion, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood and Wyandot counties. We serve all counties in Indiana and Tennessee.