- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
Whether you are looking to protect yourself against unforeseen weather challenges or market fluctuations, we use your production history to determine the best policy and coverage level for your unique livestock operation.
With our livestock insurance team you’ll experience:
- Specialized expertise – Our specialized agents only sell livestock insurance, which means they’re experts in finding the best policy for your operation.
- Individualized focus – Our agents provide you with a tailored, one-on-one experience. They don’t work on commission, which means they are here to design the best risk management plan for you.
- Policy decision tool – Using your operation’s production history, our agents are able to make informed risk management decisions backed by data.
- Varied offering – We provide a range of weather and market policy options to help you leverage opportunities and reduce risk.
Livestock Insurance Products
Livestock Gross Margin - Swine (LGM-Swine)
Protect your hog operation’s gross margin when feed costs for your swine herd increase or hog market prices drop. LGM-Swine uses futures prices to determine expected gross margin and the actual gross margin.
Livestock Risk Protection - Feeder Cattle (LRP-Feeder Cattle)
Insure your feeder cattle operation against unforeseen declining feeder cattle market prices. Choose from a variety of coverage levels and insurance periods that match the time your feeder cattle would normally be marketed.
Livestock Risk Protection - Fed Cattle (LRP-Fed Cattle)
Insure your feedlot cattle operation against declining marketweight cattle market prices. Choose from a variety of coverage levels and insurance periods that match the time your marketweight cattle would be normally sold.
Livestock Risk Protection - Lamb (LRP - Lamb)
Protect your sheep operation against declining lamb market prices. Choose from a variety of coverage levels and insurance periods that match general feeding, production and marketing practices.
Livestock Risk Protection - Swine (LRP-Swine)
Protect your hog operation against declining market prices. Choose from a variety of coverage levels and insurance periods that match the time your hogs would normally be marketed.
Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Protection (PRF)
Insure your acres of forage or grazing ground from the risk of forage loss due to the lack of precipitation. Coverage is based on your selection of coverage level, index interval and productivity factor.
What to Expect
Farm Credit Mid-America wants to make your livestock insurance purchase as straightforward as possible, whether you’re purchasing a policy for the first time or just purchasing it with Farm Credit Mid-America for the first time.
- Gather your information – your recent production history, as well as input cost estimates.
- We will sit down with and walk through our proprietary policy decision making tool to develop the best risk management plan for your operation using your production history.
- Purchasing your policy through us is just the beginning. We will be there along the way to remind you of upcoming deadlines, as well as be there to support you if you need to file a claim.
Ready to Talk?
Ready to Talk?
‡ Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity provider.
* Loans and leases are subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity lender.
Farm Credit Mid-America territory includes Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee. Arkansas includes Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha (northeast of the White River), Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Phillips, Poinsett, and St. Francis counties. Missouri includes Carter, Ripley and Wayne counties. Kentucky excludes Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken counties. Ohio excludes Crawford, Hancock, Lucas, Marion, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood and Wyandot counties. We serve all counties in Indiana and Tennessee.