- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
No one knows crop insurance‡ like we do. Whether you’re purchasing a federal or private crop insurance policy, we know the ins and outs of policies to suggest the best options and coverage levels for your unique row crop operation.Get Started
Crop Insurance for a fearless future.
With our crop insurance team you’ll experience:
- Specialized expertise – Our specialized agents only sell crop insurance, which means they’re experts in finding the best policy for your operation.
- Individualized focus – Our agents provide you with a tailored, one-on-one experience. They don’t work on commission, which means that they are here to develop the best risk management plan designed for you.
- Policy decision tool – Using your operation’s production history, our agents are able to make informed risk management decisions backed by data.
- Varied offering – We provide a range of federally affiliated and private crop insurance policy options to help you leverage opportunities and reduce risk.
Federal Crop Insurance Products
Yield Protection (YP)
Multi-peril crop insurance that guards against yield losses due to natural disasters.
Revenue Protection (RP)
Multi-peril crop insurance that protects against production loss and price decline and/or increase.
Actual Production History (APH)
Multi-peril crop insurance that helps ensure that future yields stay in line with past yields.
Area Risk Protection (ARP)
County-based protection against loss of revenue caused by low prices, low yields or both.
Pasture, Rangeland, Forage (PRF)
Available for farmers who rely on pasture, rangeland or forage acreage for haying or grazing livestock.
A risk-management safety net for all commodities under one insurance policy.
Area-based plan providing coverage against unexpected decreases in operating margins (revenue less input costs).
Enhanced Coverage Option (ECO)
An area-based policy option that offers additional coverage levels up to 90 or 95% on underlying crop insurance policies.
Supplemental Coverage Option (SCO)
An area-based policy option that offers additional coverage up to 86% on underlying crop insurance policies.
Private Crop Insurance Products
Crop Hail Insurance
Supplements a multi-peril crop insurance policy guarantee covering specific losses from crop/hail damage.
Lock in higher prices today for next year’s crop insurance.
Base Price Modifier
Allows for increases in price election under eligible plans.
Additional price protection for corn and soybeans to lock in a revenue guarantee up to seven months earlier than a multi-peril crop insurance Revenue Protection plan.
Supplemental policy for corn and soybeans that offers the opportunity to increase coverage over your multi-peril crop insurance guarantee up to 95%.
Total Revenue Coverage 2.0
Allows for the purchase of up to 95% of revenue guarantee.
Added Price Option
Additional price-per-bushel protection.
Added Revenue Price Option
Provides additional indemnity payment in the event of revenue loss.
Great American Plus
Banded coverage above multi-peril crop insurance to protect against shallow yield or revenue losses.
What to Expect
We want to make purchasing crop insurance as straightforward as possible, whether you’re buying a policy for the first time or just working with us for the first time.
- Gather your information – production history on the acres you are planning to insure, as well as input cost estimates.
- We will sit down with and walk through our proprietary policy decision making tool to develop the best risk management plan for your operation using your production history.
- Purchasing your policy through us is just the beginning. We will be there along the way to remind you of upcoming deadlines, as well as be there to support you if you need to file a claim.
Ready to Talk?
Ready to Talk?
‡ Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity provider.
* Loans and leases are subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity lender.
Farm Credit Mid-America territory includes Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee. Arkansas includes Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha (northeast of the White River), Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Phillips, Poinsett, and St. Francis counties. Missouri includes Carter, Ripley and Wayne counties. Kentucky excludes Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken counties. Ohio excludes Crawford, Hancock, Lucas, Marion, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood and Wyandot counties. We serve all counties in Indiana and Tennessee.