Farm Credit Mid-America is a 100-year old lending cooperative that offers financing to farmers and rural residents in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. The loan products offered by Rural 1st are designed to help its customers make the move to more rural locations. Rural 1st customers range from city-dwellers who may desire a rural location to people preparing for retirement, a better standard of living for their families, or a weekend recreational retreat.
“We are really excited to launch Rural 1st during this PGA TOUR event,” said Whaley. “It makes sense to launch Rural 1st in this setting because northeast Ohio is a good representation of the areas where we do business. We have signed 4-time PGA TOUR winner J.B. Holmes as an ambassador. He grew up in the country and understands the draw to rural living. It is what he knows and loves.
“Our customer’s dream of rural living is the sole purpose of our business,” said Whaley. “The passion and expertise our team has for the rural lifestyle and properties is the best in the industry. With this expertise we provide customized solutions such as financing for lots, recreational ground, and home construction.”
Rural 1st offers unique and specialized lending options, tailored specifically for rural land, home purchases and construction projects. Its products include:
- Lot Loans: Rural 1st provides consumers with loans on lots starting with as small as five acres with fixed-rate or adjustable-rate options.
- Recreational Land Loans: Rural 1st offers loans on bare land for recreational purposes with a minimum of 10 acres and at least five acres of cleared land, or 20 acres of wooded timberland. Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate options are available.
- Construction Loans: Rural 1st offers a one-time closing and lets customers lock in loans with fixed-rate financing prior to completion. Unlike many lenders, Rural 1st allows the land on which a customer’s home sits to be used as equity for part of, or all of, a down payment.
- Home Loans (Purchase & Refinance): Rural 1st offers a variety of fixed- and adjustable-rate loans for the purchase or refinancing of homes. While some lenders require a 20% down payment to avoid PMI (private mortgage insurance), Rural 1st offers as low as a 15% down payment option with no PMI.
- Home Equity Loans: Rural 1st provides home equity loans for the purchase of additional land, property improvements and the building of barns or out-buildings. Flexible payment options, including interest-only payments or principal and interest payments can be made without pre-payment penalties or fees.
“Our loan specialists provide advice and support that makes our customers’ dream of rural living streamlined and easy,” said Whaley. “Our team has a deep understanding and love of rural America because that’s where we live. We are proud to walk beside our customers through their journey and bring that dream to life for them.”
About Rural 1st
Rural 1st, a division of Farm Credit Mid-America, is a provider of consumer loans for rural living. The company’s products - lot, recreational land, construction, home (purchase and refinancing), and home equity loans - are available in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. Reflecting the heritage of its 100-year-old parent company, Rural 1st focuses solely on rural lending with the mission of securing the future of rural communities. For more information visit rural1st.com.