- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
Community Excellence Award
Recognizing the pathways community leaders are making for agriculture and rural America.
Are you working to bridge the gap for underserved areas of agriculture in your community?
Across our six states, there are emerging and aspiring farmers who are creating pathways for the next generation of agriculture. We want to acknowledge, support, and highlight the community leaders, farmers, agricultural professionals and volunteers of community-based agricultural organizations whose hard work and determination positively affect the lives of people within their community through the Community Excellence award. The Community Excellence award is a self-nominated award designed to recognize and showcase the spirit of how producers, farmers and community leaders are actively solving and meeting the agricultural needs of their community members. Applicants for this award will be judged on their community involvement, leadership experience, and how they implement solutions to build up agriculture within their community.
The Community Excellence award recipients will receive $2,500 and the opportunity to be recognized at one of our Know to Grow® conferences the following year.
Application Opens: April 3, 2024
Deadline to Apply: May 10, 2024
- An applicant can be an individual or an official entity.
- Applicants must have attended a Know to Grow® or Know to Thrive conference (level 2 conference), or have attended a Mastering Your Capital workshop. Applicants also can be recommended by a Farm Credit Mid-America team member.
- Applicants must not be a Farm Credit Mid-America team member or immediately related to one.
- Applicant must be willing to do an in-person and/or virtual interview.
- Applicant must provide a sponsor letter/letter of support along with the application. Along with the completion of your online application, please email [email protected] a letter of support, contribution or testimony from a group, individual, or community organization who has positively benefited from your impactful service. The letter of support should be in the form of a Word or PDF document. Please include the primary phone number, email address and street address of the group, individual or community organization for verification.
Read the Official Rules
Applications for 2023 are now closed. Check back in April 2024 for the next round of Community Excellence applications.