- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
Forward Thinker Award
A part of Farm Credit Mid-America’s Growing Forward® Program.
Do you have the innovative mind of a Forward Thinker?
All across our six states, there are young and beginning farmers who are blazing the path for the next generation of agriculture. We thank you for your dedication to the industry, which is why we are thrilled to reward you. The Forward Thinker award is a self-nominated award designed to recognize and showcase the extraordinary efforts of individuals like you. Applicants for this award will be judged on their leadership, involvement, goals and how they implement unique practices to drive their operation forward.
The Forward Thinker award recipient will receive $5,000 and the opportunity to be recognized at one of our Know to Grow® conferences the following year.
Application Opens: July 15, 2023
Deadline to Apply: September 8, 2023
- An applicant can be an individual or couple that is married or has similar legal rights.
- Applicants must be Farm Credit Mid-America customers who have a loan in the Growing Forward® program or be a graduate of the Growing Forward® program.
- Must have attended the Know to Grow® conference or Know to Thrive (level 2 conference) and be current with providing annual financial information.
- Applicant must not be a Farm Credit Mid-America team member or immediately related to one.
- Applicant must not be a part of the Farm Credit Mid-America Board of Directors or Nominating Committee.
- Applicant must not be a local elected official.
- Applicant must be willing to do an in-person or virtual interview and presentation.
Read the Official Rules
Applications are now closed. Check back in summer 2024 for next year’s Forward Thinker application.