- What We Offer
- The Power of a Cooperative
- In the Community
- Get Started
- Payment Calculator
- Our Locations
Scholarships for the next generation of agriculture.
Attention college-bound students! We’re looking for the next generation of rural community leaders, future farmers and those who want to make a difference in the field of agriculture. Each year, Farm Credit Mid-America awards scholarships to individuals based on academics, leadership qualities, community involvement and their passion for promoting agriculture.
Now Open! Applications for the 2024 school year will be accepted until December 31, 2023.
Click the scholarships below to apply.
Farm Credit Mid-America Scholars
Our signature program awards rising college sophomores and juniors with $5,000 in financial support over a two-year period. In addition to financial support, the program provides week-long learning and travel experiences that focus on leadership development and financial education.
Details & Guidelines
The “Fine Print”
- Scholarships are available for individuals majoring in agriculture (Farm Credit Mid-America Scholars) or pursuing agricultural or rural community related careers (Customer Scholarship).
- The online application process takes between 10-30 minutes and must be completed in one sitting. The Farm Credit Mid-America Scholars application requires a résumé and a letter of recommendation.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- You may apply for multiple scholarships, but may receive only one Farm Credit Mid-America scholarship per school year.
- Applications for 2024 are accepted through December 31, 2023. Farm Credit Mid-America Scholars applicants will be notified of the results in February 2024. Customer Scholarship applicants will be notified of the results in April 2024.
- All scholarship funds will be awarded by August 2024 for the fall semester.
- Team members and directors of Farm Credit Mid-America and their children are not eligible to apply.
About Our Scholarships
Scholarships are among the many ways Farm Credit Mid-America invests in the future of agriculture and helps prepare today’s youth to become tomorrow’s leaders.
Over the last decade, Farm Credit Mid-America has awarded more than $2 million in financial and educational support to deserving students pursuing careers that promote agriculture. Our scholars have many dreams and come from a variety of farm and community backgrounds. They have one thing in common. They want to join us in securing the future of rural communities and agriculture.
Questions? If you’re interested in becoming one of our scholars and have questions before applying, please email us.
* Loans and leases are subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Farm Credit Mid-America is an equal opportunity lender.